Opus: Skin Resurfacing (Body)
What is Opus Skin Resurfacing?
Opus Plasma is the first fractional plasma technology to enter the fractional resurfacing category. Opus Plasma operates at a high frequency (over 40 MHz), which charges the metal pins on its tips to a high RF voltage. When close to the skin, it reacts with atmospheric pressure in the air thereby creating plasma-like energy. The treatment has little to no downtime, but the results are significant, making skin look younger and rejuvenated.
What is Opus Skin Resurfacing?
Opus Plasma is the first fractional plasma RF technology with tunability and treatment versatility like a fractional resurfacing laser. Opus Plasma uses high-frequency RF energy to create tiny injuries in the skin with plasma, allowing RF to penetrate the skin more deeply.
What is the procedure for Opus Skin Resurfacing?
Skin resurfacing removes skin layer by layer with precision. The new skin cells that form during healing give the skin a tighter, younger-looking surface. The procedure can be done alone or with other cosmetic treatments on the face.
When do you see results from Opus Skin Resurfacing?
Opus Skin Resurfacing offers less downtime than what you would experience with CO2 and laser skin resurfacing and you can visibly see results after just 2 weeks.
How long do results from Opus Skin Resurfacing last?
Typical laser skin tightening results are visible for up to two years, and many patients find that they can extend their optimal results with a few touch-up treatments.
Are the results from Opus Skin Resurfacing permanent?
Skin will heal faster than with a laser skin resurfacing procedure. Expect results to last as long as three full years.
What are the Pros and Cons of Opus Skin Resurfacing?
- The session is very quick. Dermatologists report that they can complete a full-face treatment in 10–15 minutes.
- Downtime is short, averaging one to two days.
- There are options for both face and body as well as two different tips (Glide or Focus), to target large or small areas, and settings (light, moderate, or aggressive) that can be adjusted to suit your skin type and desired results.
- Because the device is relatively new, there aren’t many studies to support candidacy or results, outside the manufacturer’s own research.
- A manufacturer’s study of 33 patients was conducted only on those who were Fitzpatrick skin type III to IV, which means that efficacy and safety haven’t been evaluated for fair or dark skin tones.
CareCredit health, wellness and beauty credit card
We proudly accept the CareCredit credit card to help you finance your healthcare needs.
Regina Hill, MD accepts most major insurance plans.
For questions about your specific coverage, please call the office.
Polite and Professional
Words can't explain how helpful, polite, and professional Dr. Hill and her time were to me during a very important time in my life. I happily drive almost 30 miles to see her. Great office. Great service. P.S Amanda and Jill were also great. Thanks ladies.
Dr.Hill is one of the best. Her compassion and bedside manner can put anyone at ease. You never feel alone. She has a kind smile and is extremely knowledgeable. You can trust you are going to be taken care of and trust she knows how to help!
Kind and Compassionate
I have been seeing Dr. Hill for 25+ years. She is my rock star!! She is kind, compassionate, patient, empathetic, and the list goes on and on. I highly recommend her.