What is Brazilian Butt Lifts (BBL)?
Brazilian butt lift surgery can help overcome the effects of genetics by reshaping the buttocks and surrounding areas, such as the hips, lower back, and thighs. You might consider a Brazilian butt lift to: Enhance the curves of your lower body.
What is the procedure for Brazilian Butt Lifts (BBL)?
A Brazilian butt lift consists of fat grafting that is notable for its natural-looking results. The procedure involves the following steps:
- The procedure is usually performed under anesthesia, but in procedures where a smaller volume of fat is transferred, it may be done with only local anesthesia (numbing medication). You may ask for an anti-nausea medication beforehand, especially if anesthesia makes you sick.
- Your surgeon then uses liposuction to remove fat from other areas of your body, such as your hips, stomach, and thighs. Liposuction itself involves making incisions in the skin, and then using a tube to remove fat from the body.
- The fat stores that have just been removed from your body are purified and readied for injection into your buttocks.
- Your surgeon finishes by injecting the processed fat into specific areas of the buttocks to create a more rounded, full look. They make three to five incisions around the buttocks for fat transfers.
- Both liposuction and fat transfer incisions are closed up with stitches. Your surgeon then applies a compression garment against the affected areas of skin to minimize your risk of bleeding.
When do you see results from Brazilian Butt Lifts (BBL)?
You’ll see much more volume immediately, but it can take up to four months to see your final results. During that time, swelling from the surgery and liposuction is going down, and up to 40% of the transferred fat cells can be lost.
After seeing their final results, some patients opt to have a Brazilian butt lift revision to add more volume. Asymmetry, dents, or less-than-ideal results may also be improved with additional fat transfer to your buttocks. You’ll just need to have enough unwanted fat left to harvest from other areas.
How long do results from Brazilian Butt Lifts (BBL) last?
The fat cells that remain after about four months of recovery will be there permanently.
What are the Pros and Cons of Brazilian Butt Lifts (BBL)?
- The client can opt for general or local anesthesia.
- It allows the client to remove fat from an area where they don’t want it.
- Since there are no prosthetics used, the results look and feel natural.
- The risk of allergy or rejection is low.
- Most people are recovered enough to resume daily activities, including sitting, within 2 weeks.
- There is little to no scarring from the procedure
- Not every patient is a candidate.
- The patient has to have enough fat to remove and then transfer to the buttocks.
- Only 80 percent or less of the fat grafted to the buttocks will remain long term, so expectations need to be realistic.